The Battery in your Mouth

(From Volume 3 of the The Sarkissian Report – Dentistry News)

Metals are good conductors of electricity and it does not take too much imagination to suspect that when they are placed in our bodies, they will create electrical currents that may not only cause the release of toxic corrosion products, but also interfere with the body’s subtle energy fields.

Since many dissimilar metals, such as silver amalgam and gold are used as fillings in our teeth, and are present in a moist environment, a battery effect is produced. This electrical activity is measured as “galvanic currents” between different fillings, or between fillings and body tissue. Electricity may cause corrosion of the less noble metal component, releasing harmful metal ions, or it may have neurological effects as it travels though our bodies.

Some people may perceive this as a “metallic taste” in the mouth or a spark of electricity when they have metal utensils or aluminum foil touch their metal fillings. It may also cause fatigue, sleep disturbances, irritability, skin lesions, etc.

It is easy to measure the battery effect. We do that regularly on our patients. A regular voltmeter will typically measure values of 20 to 300 millivolts between a mercury filling and the body. Mercury fillings hiding under or placed adjacent to gold crowns is of major concern because the electricity generated is much more profound.

Mercury released through galvanic corrosion enters the bone and gums surrounding these teeth in concentrations 20-100 times normal values. Other components of amalgams, such as tin and copper, also are released as salts which have a highly toxic effect on the body.

For a more exhaustive look at this subject see the article
Mercury-Amalgam Fillings…

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *